Friday 15 March 2013

Friday:
Week 39 Beginning Monday 11th March 2013:
Still holding steady, still fluctuating up and down a kilogram almost daily, but at least it's not going up.  I am still 35kgs down from where I started, but am looking forward to seeing the scales start falling again.

Friday Breakfast:
What better way to start a long weekend than a hearty breakfast at Kokomo's Coffee House & Cantina again. Bacon, eggs, mushroom and tomato.  Excellent work John and Alyce.

Friday Lunch:
We stopped into Australia Fair on the way to our place of residence for the weekend and had a decidedly average shepherd's pie with vegetables from El Rancho Carvery.  I left much of the potato and to be honest, there was almost as much flavour in the water.  I think we've been to this food court restaurant twice now ... first and last.

Friday Dinner:
Staying at the Palazzo Versace for a long weekend of well deserved rest and relaxation, we decided to eat in one of the four well reviewed restaurants.  Tonight's gastronomical delights were presented by Phillipe and Franko, our managers of the Il Barocco and Water Salon.  I started with a dozen pacific oysters, a little bacon and some ever so finely shaved prosciutto.

My second plate followed with two and a half moreton bay bugs, an exquisite Thai scallop salad, some mango and pepper prawn salad and a lovely muscle.

My third plate followed with a very tasty selection of pork belly, roast pork in hoisin sauce, roast pork and apple sauce, roast lamb and natural juice gravy, barbecue lamb chop and a few vegetables. I think I might need to wait a little while before attacking the desert selection.

Friday Desert:
Oh my, if ever it should be illegal to offer such a selection of tempting deserts, this is the place.  I fell victim to the charm of the cute little selections that beckoned me to place them on my plate.  I can see Owen cringing as I place these evil treats in front of me.  Brandy snaps, crème brulee, pavlova and a strawberry eclair.  Just wrong I tell you, but probably one of the nicest desert selections I've seen in a very long time.  Thank you Franko.

No comments:

Post a Comment