Saturday 14 July 2012


Saturday:
Week Four beginning Monday 9th July 2012:
Again this week, I'm trying to work on the principals and measurements of the first weeks strict diet, just swapping some similar ingredients to give me some variety.

Saturday Breakfast:
Lamb chops with a fried onion, bacon and mushroom mix accompanying 3 eggs sunny side up.  What an awesome breakfast to start the day thanks to my lovely wife.



Saturday Lunch:
On our way down to the Gold Coast, we stopped in at the BP Service Station Yatala for lunch and I tried to be good and have the most appropraite meal to suit my dietary requirements.  Some surprisingly nice roast beef, with roast potatoe and pumpkin, a few peas and a little carrot, broccoli and cauliflower.


Saturday Dinner:
We went to Dracula's Theatre Restaurant on the Gold Coast and dinner consisted of a pumpkin, bacon, zucchini and feta cheese crust-less tartlet with tiny baby leaf salad mix for the entrĂ©e, followed by what was probably the nicest, most succulent, tender, tasty (did I mention it was awesome) "Silence of the Lamb Shank" with a slow roasted lamb shank nested on a bed of mashed potato and an covered in an aromatic rogan josh sauce with a sprig of broccolini.  Desert was a dark chocolate coffin filled with chocolate mousse and drizzled with a little cherry liqueur.  YUM!


Unfortunately, camera's were strictly banned at Dracula's, so I just turned the phone on quickly to take a sneaky shot in the dark without a flash and this was about the best I could do with the main course.



No comments:

Post a Comment