Monday 25 June 2012

The week in review ...
On Tuesday 12th June 2012, I skimmed over the upcoming week's diet and thought I should start making changes to my routine straight away.  So, all I did was swap my regular bowl of cereal and sliced banana for bacon and 3 eggs, along with some mushrooms and a bit of cheese for a week and unbelievably, the weight began to fall off, like it's never done before from the very first day.

On Sunday 17th June 2012, I began a very simple Detox Week, taking a teaspoon of melted Ghee every mornring and night, increasing 1 spoon at a time, from 1 spoon on the Sunday, to 6 teaspoons morning and night on the Friday.  Then on Saturday, it was some Castor Oil Lick Sip Sucks, and a day planned "indoors".  It worked so well, things continued to "cleanse" until Sunday and you might say I felt positively "empty" of ideas on how all this works.

On Monday 18th June 2012, I started a strict 1 week diet of high protein, high fat and controlled carbohydrate meals.  The idea of weighing and measure carefully this week was to teach me portions sizes, combination and structure of how my eating should change from now on.  I've been having bigger meals for breakfast than I've ever been used to, followed by big lunches and a slightly smaller meal for dinner each night.  I honestly found after the first afternoon where I needed a salami and cheese stick to fill a gap later afternoon, I wasn't at all hungry between meals and didn't even feel like a snack.

In order to try and give the Detox a fighting chance, I gave up my beloved nectar of the God's (COFFEE), vowing to come back to her sweet embrace once all this silliness was over.  I succeeded in my will and can honestly say, other than one attempt at drinking a Green Tea on Thursday night, I drank nothing but water and my home made "Energy Drink" as pictured in the first post this month ... for the entire time.  So I treated myself to a lovely flat white on Sunday to conclude what can only be described as an incredibly successful week.

The results ...
I've lost 10kg   ... 
No it's not a typo.
Yes I checked it on 2 scales which are within 200g of each other.
Yes, that was a 10kg Loss in just a 7 day diet, plus a 5 day breakfast swap.

Am I pleased?
As a Pig in mud.

Am I disappointed?
Only in the fact that I've been lied to by so called Doctors, Nutritionists, Physical Therepists and Personal Trainers all my life.  Along with the fact that nobody ... really bothered to find out why I've been gaining 1kg a month for years.

Oh I nearly forgot to mention ...
All of this is without any exercise whatsoever.   They tell me that's what they're going to talk to me about tomorrow.  Hmmm ... Darren in spandex is NOT a good look.

I must say thank you to the team at Nutrition Diagnostics for making the effort to find out what makes me tick inside, designing a logical program that works and helping me loose what some would call an aweful lot of weight in a very short period of time.  This is only the beginning.

Nutrition Diagnosticshttp://www.nutritiondiagnostics.com/

Thanks for reading ...
Darren Gardiner

No comments:

Post a Comment