Monday 16 July 2012


Sunday:
Week Four beginning Monday 9th July 2012:
Again this week, I'm trying to work on the principals and measurements of the first weeks strict diet, just swapping some similar ingredients to give me some variety.

Sunday Breakfast:
We stayed at QT Gold Coast where breakfast was one of the most amazing presentations of food I've seen anywhere in the world.  Yes, we've all seen omelette bars, but this took the concept of a Food Bazaar to a whole new level.  There was just too much to tell you about so go and see for yourself ... it's worth it just to have breakfast there.
I tried to be good and not break too far from the menu plan, starting off with a hearty serve of bacon, pork sausages, beef sausages, grilled mushrooms and tomato and a very tasty cherizo, ham, mushroom and cheese omelette.  Yummo.  I couldn't quite resist the temptation to have one of my favourite things ... pancakes and maple syrup, so I did have one little 5cm round pancake with a drizzle of maple syrup and a dob of fresh whipped cream.  Yummo!








Sunday Lunch:
Back to Brisbane to get the shopping done, pick up our dogs and get home to prepare for the week ahead, so we stopped into the K&K Kafe at Albany Creek for lunch and about the only thing on the menu that wasn't wrapped in some form of wheat product was the Quiche ... yes, real men do eat quiche.  So I had a Quiche Lorraine and lettuce, cucumber, carrot, tomato and beetroot salad, with a splash of French dressing.

Sunday Dinner:
Another of my favourite dishes ... Chicken Laksa with lots of yummy spices, chilli, coconut cream, bok choy, broccoli, cauliflower and chicken.

No comments:

Post a Comment