Saturday 16 March 2013

Saturday:
Week 39 Beginning Monday 11th March 2013:
Still holding steady, still fluctuating up and down a kilogram almost daily, but at least it's not going up.  I am still 35kgs down from where I started, but am looking forward to seeing the scales start falling again.

Saturday Breakfast:
A scrumptious buffet breakfast at the Palazzo Versace Il Barocco Restaurant. I started with a little bit of everything good.  Bacon, eggs, mushrooms, tomato, a couple of chicken sausages, a few spicy beef sausages, and a hash brown.

Saturday Breakfast:
A scrumptious buffet breakfast at the Palazzo Versace Il Barocco Restaurant. I couldn't resist having a very tasty omelette made for me with cheese, onion, capsicum, eschallots, tomato and ham, which of course, had to be accompanied with a little more bacon and a couple of those nice spicy beef sausages.

Saturday Lunch:
Cruising the Carrara Markets today, we stopped and Uncle Benny's Kebabs and still full from breakfast we shared half a combination chicken, beef and lamb kebab, with lettuce, tomato, cheese, sour cream, sweet chilli and bbq sauce.


Saturday Dinner:
Tonight we decided to dine in another of the Palazzo Versace's restaurants, the vie bar + restaurant.  We started of with the first wholemeal bread roll, dipped in olive oil and balsamic vinegar since I started my diet.

Saturday Dinner:
My meal was a cooked to perfection, slow roasted Tasmanian Aberdeen Angus beef sirloin, served with grilled local field mushrooms, roasting juices and rustic romesco.

Saturday Desert:
For desert, I thoroughly enjoyed my vanilla bean panna cotta, with baby rhubarb compote.  WOW!

Saturday Coffee:
There's no nicer way to finish an excellent meal than with a shot of coffee poured over ice cream and served with Kahluah.  I do love a Mexican affogato.

Saturday Chocolate Kisses:
Back to the room after a nice walk around this magnificent hotel to find hugs and chocolate kisses on our pillow.  What a nice way to finish a beautiful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment