Sunday 17 March 2013

Sunday:
Week 39 Beginning Monday 11th March 2013:
Still holding steady, still fluctuating up and down a kilogram almost daily, but at least it's not going up.  I am still 35kgs down from where I started, but am looking forward to seeing the scales start falling again.

Sunday Breakfast:
Another delicious buffet breakfast at the Palazzo Versace Il Barocco Restaurant. First up, a little bit of everything good.  Bacon, scrambled eggs, mushrooms, tomato, a couple of chicken sausages, a few spicy beef sausages, and a hash brown.

Sunday Breakfast:
A scrumptious buffet breakfast at the Palazzo Versace Il Barocco Restaurant. Temptation got the better of me and I broke diet to have my first pancakes smothered in maple syrup and whipped cream in over a year. Oh my ... sorry Owen.

Sunday Lunch:
Although we all know I shouldn't have, my wife treated us to the "Fashionista High Tea" at Le Jardin, Palazzo Versace.



Sunday Lunch:
"Fashionista High Tea" at Le Jardin, Palazzo Versace with brightly glazed éclairs and home-made macarons, eclectic flavoured pots de crème, layered fruit salad with white chocolate mousse clouds, bakewell tarts and ganache-filled toothpaste tubes. Decadent and evil.

Sunday Lunch:
Coffee at Le Jardin, Palazzo Versace.

Sunday Dinner:
We decided to eat in this evening and enjoy some "In-Room Dining" at the Palazzo Versace and after a day of naughtiness, I chose something on diet.  A slow braised organic lamb shank, served on silky mash, green beans, glazed seasonal vegetable and rich gravy.


Sunday Supper:
In the interests of reversing some of the evil things that have entered my mouth this weekend, we opted for "In-Room Dining" to enjoy a delightful cheese platter to finish off what has truly been a wonderful weekend of culinary delights.  We shared bread sticks, brie and cheddar cheese, quince, apple and grapes.

No comments:

Post a Comment